Sunday, June 12, 2011

Universal Card

Today my handmade card is  universal but I made it because I have a Confirmation party to go to.  I know that brown and black are not the most upbeat colors but it is for a boy and I feel that I trouble making man  cards.   I thought that there would be no questions with this one that it could be manly.    Today everything used to make this cards if from Stampin Up.  Right now I am in a tearing phase as you can see every card or idea  I have come up with I tore something on each one.  The brown card stock for the card is Chocolate Chip.  Both of the stamps I used are from the same set which is called All I Have Seen.  I then stamped the words and the leaf image on Close To Cocoa paper and tore around each shape. Next I placed them on black cardstock and tore around that to make another layer.  The picture  is done but I then added another layer under the words which is the Close To Cocoa paper  again.  I used Basic Black ink.    Before I glued both shapes on the card  I took a cotton ball and dabbed it on the black ink pad and gently rubbed around the edges  of the card to give it a vintage kind of look.  I then glued  both stamped images down.   Now we are finished.  I hope you enjoyed my handmade card idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment