Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fathers Day Card


Well this has been the third time I’ve tried to sit down and make my fathers day card.  The other times I started  my card, the   ideas I came  up with stunk so I  gave up. Since its only 4 days away I thought I would give it another try.  I do not think that this  handmade hard is horrible but I am not feeling so great about it either.  I think the card is kinda cute but plain,  it needs something more.  So if any of you have  suggestions I would love to hear them.   I did use my Cricut Machine for this one.    First I took Basic Black ink from
Stampin up with a cotton ball and just kinda brushed a little color on the front of the card.  I then used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to print the Happy Fathers Day.  Next,  I took my Four Legged Friends Cartridge and printed out the fish.  This was actually the first time I used this one.  I had never done the  printing in layers thing before.  I thought it would be much more complicated than   it was.  Very cool.  I used  black cardstock from the craft store.  The gray is Going Gray which is a Stampin Up color.  Like I said  I thought it was kind of plain so I added some glitter glue to parts of the fish.   Any feedback or help is  welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment