Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New card

Good morning everyone.  The weather is supposed to be great today.  I love the sun and hot weather.  Would  definitely take hot over cold any day.  So I was  rummaging through my crafting things I cam across this beautiful sequin butterfly, someone gave it to me along time ago and I thought what in the heck am  I going to do with this??  Well as I came across it again  I was like this is really cool and I have to  make a handmade card using  it.  I think that it  is great that your taste  and ideas   change from time to time.  So anyways I found some purple paper that was pretty  close to  matching the butterfly.  I wanted something shiny to go with it so I got out my silver embossing powder.  The little butterfly swirls and the birthday wishes are from the Stampin Up set called So Happy For You.  They are both embossed in silver.  I put some paper layers  around the birthday wishes. The purple is Marvelous Magenta and the pink is Pretty in Pink.    I then took  some 26 gauge copper wire and made the butterfly  some little antennas.    I think the littlest ideas or embellishments can really improve a card. So as you can see a very simple but elegant card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment