Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Handmade Card


Well as I sat down today to make a card I  came across these stars I purchased from a garage sale a couple weeks ago and I thought these are really cool, so I had to make a card using them .   The stars made me think of the 4th of July so I then had to dig out some paper with stars on them.  That is how I got started with the idea for this handmade card.  The stars are very cool.  They are called Foil Rimmed Acetate Shapes made by Li’l Davis Designs.   I’m not sure where you can get these,  like I said I got  them at a garage sale.  The star paper was just from a variety pack I had bought at Joanne Fabrics.  All I did was glue the  star paper to the back of two of the stars,  the other star I left as is. I picked out  the Ruby Red ink.  I then dug  my color coach  out and  looked at which shades of blue went with Ruby Red .  Not Quite Navy  was the answer it gave me .   I then stamped the  word sparkle.  It is from the  Stampin Up set called From Warm Words .  Then I  tore around the word sparkle  and with a cotton ball  rubbed the edges with the Ruby Red ink.  I also placed the stars paper around the middle sparkle. I then placed it all together.  So  you could write or stamp anything you want  in the inside to make it for whatever occasion you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment