Friday, July 22, 2011

Red White and Blue

Well Friday is finally here.  I know everyone has big plans for the weekend but not me.  I am actually looking forward to having no plans and just being able to relax and go with the flow.  We have had such a busy summer so far and some down time is looking really good right now.  So my cards theme today is the stars and the red, white, and blue.  I found these stars at a garage sale.  I used them on card that I posted last month but I liked them so much I wanted to make another handmade card using them.  They are called Foil Rimmed Acetate Shapes by Lil Davis Designs. They come clear so I  put red and blue paper under the big stars.  The stamp sets I used in this card are Warm Words, So Happy for You, and Wonderful Words.  The colors are Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler.  As you can see this is a fairly simple card but so cute.  When I put it together I raised the big stars for some dimension.   This card  could be used for any occasion.  Hopefully I’ll have lots of time for creating new cards and ideas this weekend.    I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment