Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Card

Another beautiful day, it  was way more relaxing than yesterday.  I had several hours to play around in my craft room and clean up a bit.  I also got a little shopping in and bought a couple new  decoration for my handmade cards.  I have noticed that a lot of peoples ideas have ribbon on them also so I bought some of that too!  Over the weekend I spent some time with my sisters and I borrowed quite a few things from them that I don’t have.  First was a punch from Stampin Up.  As you can see it is a flower punch.  So that is where this idea started from.  So I punched some white and black flowers, and used a glittery brad to keep them together.  The black strip of paper on the bottom of the card I put through this crimping tool.  You put the paper through and it comes out crimped.(I am not sure if I am spelling the  word crimped  right?)  Very cool.  I embossed the saying on the front with white powder. It is  a stamp set from Stampin Up called Happy Harmony.   So I tacked the black to the card  first.  Then I took some white ribbon and tacked it right above the black.  I don’t think I have ever used ribbon on any of my cards before. Then I put on my flowers.  The 3 white button things  on the black paper is an embellishment  that I just bought.  I thought they very cute and added just what my card needed.   I Think black and white go great together.  What do you think??  Have a great night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment