Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Card In Progress

Try # 1
Try # 2
Finished
Good morning everyone!  This is going on day number 4 of the temps being in the ninety’s.  Hopefully we’ll get a lot of pool time today to keep cool.  So my card today was a work in progress.   My first attempt of  my handmade card today looked like this.  The flower is a stamp from the set called Delight in Life.  The words are from the set Short and Sweet. Both from Stampin Up.  I used Always Artichoke paper.  As you can see I stamped the flowers and cut them out.  Next I added the brads in the center of the flowers, and three  white brad to the bottom. Then stamped the words Best Wishes layered and tore around them.  I tacked it all down and added some white organdy ribbon.  So this was my first try with this idea.

 It was not working for me , I thought it was lacking so I tore it apart and made a few changes.  I layered the flowers with black, changed the cards base to black and layered the words with more black and put it together again. This was try number 2.  It still was missing something so I tore it apart again.

This time I took it apart and added black  swirls in the background.  The swirls came from the Delight in Life set also.  I then put the card back together and added some black organdy ribbon.  This time I liked what I saw.  So I believe this card is finished.    It definitely was a work in progress. I am happy that the ideas in my head do sometimes work out.    What do you think about the changes I made??  Leave me a comment and let me know.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment